Sunday, July 26, 2015

"Many a Time" Video Devotion

"Many a Time" is the title of this KJV video devotion from Psalm 129, verses 1 through 4. As we continue our series from the Psalms, called "First Love," Psalm 129 continues with in a rather somber tone. The Psalmist cried, "Many a time have they afflicted me from my youth." This appears to be no minor affliction, for the writer continues in verse 3 with the words, "The plowers plowed upon my back: they made long their furrows." We make joke, when getting up in the morning, saying, "I feel like I was run over by a Mack truck," but the afflictions of the Psalmist were such that he was, indeed, run over by that Mack truck, and was still alive to tell about it. He was speaking of afflictions that left him raw, maybe not physically, but certainly emotionally.





God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: