Saturday, March 30, 2013

Blessed Be God!

 1Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
 2My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. 
(Psalm 144:1-2, King James Version)

Blessed Be God!

David was king, yet he knew that his strength did not come from his own hands. In a glorious Psalm of praise he cries out: blessed be God! Do we understand the source of our strength? As believers do we understand that our life is not about us, but rather it is a glorious testimony of God's working through us to accomplish His almighty purposes? All of this is encompassed in David's voice of praise: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

As a mighty warrior he understood the necessity of a strong fortress and a high tower with which to sight the approach of the enemy from afar. Yet these things were nothing apart from the Lord. His true fortress and his true high tower was God Himself! Even his shield was worth nothing apart from God! All of David's successes were attributed to the Lord!

What of us in this 21st century in which we live? Do we depend upon our own strength and our own resources, or do we understand that, apart from God, they are meaningless? Do we realize that our very strength and prowess upon which we depend are actually gifts from God? In one moment, all could be taken from us.

It is good for us to go through times of difficulty and weakness, for only then do we understand that our true strength and our true power lies in God, alone. In Christ, alone, do we find victory, and in Christ, alone, do we find joy, peace, and hope.

Though David was a mighty king, yet he knew that all could be lost in a moment if the good hand of God was not upon him. What occupation or status could we attain to that would render God's help unnecessary? David had reached the highest level he could attain in his kingdom, and yet he knew that it would utterly fail if God removed His hand of protection. There is no place, position, or power on this earth that can supersede the help and power of God.

Let us then join David in praise to our God. Blessed be God who loves and cares for His children, keeping watch over them day and night. In Christ, His Son, is all hope, joy, and peace. As we look forward to our Easter celebration tomorrow, let us praise our risen Savior who loves us with a love that is unsurpassable. He suffered everything that we might live in Him.

What an amazing God we serve!

God Bless You,
Linda


No comments: