Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pro LIfe

 13For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
 14I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
 15My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
 16Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. 
(Psalm 139:13-16, King James Version)

Pro LIfe!

The Psalmist, in Psalm 139, was not afraid to admit what people of our day seem to think is optional. The Psalmist was pro life! Verses 13 through 16 are a representation of us, while still in our mother's womb, and God's perspective of our existence.

As if there were any doubt, he begins by stating in verse 13, For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. The following three verses explain in more depth, especially in verses 15 and 15:
My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
What is the Psalmist saying? He is speaking of the time when even the woman may not know that she is pregnant, yet God already views that person who is being made in secret as he or she will be after their birth. Though their substance is not yet perfectly formed, God already views them as though all of their members were written, or completely formed, even though none of them may yet exist.

How amazing is that? There are those in our culture who wrestle with the exact time life begins, but God has no problem seeing that yet unborn, child as a complete person. From God's perspective, He has already ordained that life before time began. So, while the body is growing and developing inside his or her mother, God already sees the person as fully formed. Yes, the Psalmist was pro life, and the Bible is pro life. So, too, must the true believer be pro life!

How does a nation go from being a nation founded upon the Word of God to a nation which throws out the Bible, and then tries to even re-define life? Only God, our Creator, can define life, and we would do well to look to His Word for the answers of questions such as, "When does life truly begin?"

America is so far removed from Biblical standards that one has to question whether it can truly be called a Christian nation anymore. We would do well to look at Biblical history. There was a time when Israel thought that they, too, were a Godly nation, protected by God, Himself. Yet, God, in response to their wickedness, spewed them out of His mouth. If God did so to Israel, then He certainly will do the same thing to America.

Does America need God's protection? Can it not stand on its own? No nation can stand before Almighty God. When God's hand of protection is removed from our country, there will be none to save it.

Is there no hope for America? Yes, there is hope, but that hope rests in the hands of God's people.
 14 If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14, New King James Version)
Let us, by God's grace, fall on our knees before Almighty God and pray that this once great nation will also humble itself before God and look to Him for their salvation.

God Bless You,
Linda



No comments: