Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Known Me!

 1O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.
 2Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
 3Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
 4For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
 5Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
 6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. 
(Psalm 139:1-6, King James Version)

Known Me!

Today we begin one of the most amazing Psalms ever written. The Psalmist began with the words, "O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me." Think about the truth of that statement. How many people really know you? Maybe your spouse, your family, your closest friends, but wait, do they really know you? Do you even really know yourself?

There is only One who really knows you, and that is God! He knows everything about you. He knows what you do, what you say, and even what you think, and beyond that, He even knows the innermost intentions of your heart. No wonder God's Word continually compels us to return to God, our First Love! He loved us before we ever loved Him. As a matter of fact, He loved us even before we were created!

Where can we go to hide from God? As the Psalmist said, "Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways."

It is better to be the friend of God than His enemy! Your worst enemy does not have the knowledge and understanding of you that God has, and yet, though He knows the worst of us, He still loves us. As a matter of fact He loves us so much that He sent His only Son to pay the debt of our sins, which we could never pay. What an amazing God we serve! No wonder the Psalmist said, "Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it."

Why then, do we spend so much of our time running from God? We are foolish children before such an Almighty God. Let us, by God's grace turn back to Him. Let us enfold ourselves in His loving arms and trust Him to care for us, for no one can care for us better. No one loves us more--not even our spouse, our families, or our friends.

As people of God, it is time for us to turn our hearts back to Him. It is time we leave the cares, ideas, and idolatry of this world far behind and focus on God, our Father. It is time we seek our true reason for being here, and take up the mantle that God, Himself, the One Who knows us, has placed upon our shoulders.

 20  “ The harvest is past,  
      The summer is ended,
      And we are not saved!”
       (Jeremiah 8:20, New King James Version)

As children of God, we have a job to do. Let us do it heartily, as unto the Lord.

God Bless You,
Linda




No comments: