Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Never Forget!

 93I will never forget thy precepts: for with them thou hast quickened me.
 94I am thine, save me: for I have sought thy precepts.
 95The wicked have waited for me to destroy me: but I will consider thy testimonies.
 96I have seen an end of all perfection: but thy commandment is exceeding broad. 
(Psalm 119:93-96, King James Version)

Never Forget!

The Psalmist writes, I will never forget thy precepts: for with them thou hast quickened me. The New King James translations says, I will never forget your precepts, For by them you have given me life.

God's quickening to the believer is His granting us a new nature--a new life in Him. No longer are we bound by this body of sin and death, but God has granted to us an immortal soul, and has guaranteed that we will live with Him forever.

What a blessed hope that is. For those whose bodies bear the marks of years of suffering, for those who have lost dear loved ones, and for those whose future on this earth seems dark, indeed, we are called to rise above the depths of this life and look at what God has prepared for those who love Him.

The Psalmist would have been in great despair, knowing that the wicked were waiting to destroy him, but he saw beyond their evil plans. His hope was not in his own strength or ability to save himself, but rather, his hope was in the Lord. When surrounded by the wicked, the Psalmist remembered God's testimonies. For in them, he had hope; God's promises were secure in His heart and mind.

Let us never forget that it is God we serve. Our God is faithful, loving, kind, and will never forget His children. Though the days may seem dark, our God remains as our faithful God and Savior. Let us look to Him for light, for health, for love, for encouragement, and for strength.

O God, our help in ages past,
our hope for years to come,
our shelter from the stormy blast,
and our eternal home.

Before the hills in order stood,
or earth received her frame,
from everlasting, thou art God,
to endless years the same.

God Bless You,
Linda



No comments: