Friday, September 21, 2012

My Strength and Song

 10All nations compassed me about: but in the name of the LORD will I destroy them.
 11They compassed me about; yea, they compassed me about: but in the name of the LORD I will destroy them.
 12They compassed me about like bees: they are quenched as the fire of thorns: for in the name of the LORD I will destroy them.
 13Thou hast thrust sore at me that I might fall: but the LORD helped me.
 14The LORD is my strength and song, and is become my salvation. 
(Psalm 118:10-14, King James Version)

My Strength and Song

In Psalm 118, the writer of this Psalm gives a glorious tribute of praise to the Lord. Surrounded in battle by his enemies, he called upon God, who delivered him from the sure grasp of the enemy.
They compassed me about; yea, they compassed me about like bees: they are quenched as the fire of thorns: for in the name of the LORD I will destroy them. . . . The LORD is my strength and son, and is become my salvation.
Oh, that we would have such confidence in the Lord our God! Is the Lord our strength and song? Is He the first one to whom we turn when we are surrounded by evil? For most of us, I fear that we tend to view God as our last hope, and not as our first and only hope.

In this age of scientific advancement in which we live, man seems to have an answer for everything. It seems as though there is almost nothing that man cannot solve! Is that really true? Have we somehow evolved to a status where God is no longer necessary?

Sadly many do view that to be the case, but they are wrong. Even when we have reached our most magnificent achievements, our knowledge is paltry compared to our Creator God. The more we learn about this universe in which we live, the more we realize that we do not know. As more and more medical discoveries are made, more and more questions appear.

As we look back into the annals of time, we discover that it is quite possible that man reached greater advancements in the past than we have achieved in the present. What happened? In the period of time that has elapsed, those great secrets have been lost, and are yet to be "discovered" again.

God, however, has never changed. From eternity past to eternity future, God has always been, and will always be the Supreme God over all man, over all creation, and even over all of the universe and beyond.

Let us, as children of God, raise our voices in praise to God who is truly "My Strength and Song."

God Bless You,
Linda


No comments: