Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Hand of God

 26Help me, O LORD my God: O save me according to thy mercy:
 27That they may know that this is thy hand; that thou, LORD, hast done it.
 28Let them curse, but bless thou: when they arise, let them be ashamed; but let thy servant rejoice.
 29Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame, and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle.
 30I will greatly praise the LORD with my mouth; yea, I will praise him among the multitude.
 31For he shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him from those that condemn his soul. 

The Hand of God
That they may know that this is thy hand; that thou, LORD, hast done it.
Have we forgotten? What is the chief thing that David desired for his enemies? David desired that they would know that the hand of God was responsible for the cursed events of their lives. Have we forgotten the hand of God?

In our day of basing all things on scientific reasoning, we have forgotten that ultimately it is God who orders the events of our lives. When over 60% of the United States is experiencing the worst drought ever recorded while China is being devastated by flooding due to incessant rain, let us remember that the hand of God is behind the weather.

The hand of God is ordering the events of life including the weather, that men might know that He is truly the God of all Gods, Lord of all Lords, and King of all Kings. Let us pray that men would acknowledge that God is truly supreme. That they would understand that God, and not man, is at the center of all things; He orders all events so that Christians would be drawn closer to Him, and that the world might know that there is a God in heaven who rules over all.

Let us, then, like David, praise the Lord with our mouths, and praise Him among the multitude. For God will stand at the right hand of the poor, and will save him from those who condemn His soul. Our hope stands on nothing less than Jesus Christ, our Righteousness. He is the solid Rock who gives meaning and purpose to our lives on this earth, and He is the Rock who will bring us safely home to Him at the end of our days.

Yes, that reminds me of a song. These lyrics were written by Edward Mote about 200 years ago.
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.

When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

Refrain:
On Christ the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,

All other ground is sinking sand.

God Bless You,
Linda


No comments: