Saturday, July 28, 2012

My Whole Heart

 1Praise ye the LORD. I will praise the LORD with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation. 

My Whole Heart

What a lovely Psalm; I hope you will take the time to read it all, and not wait until we get to the next three sections. As I walked my dog this morning, I visualized standing before God in prayer. It was a wonderful exercise, as I am often guilty of thinking of my prayers to God as a being a one-sided conversation, yet that is not the true reality. In reality, we must think of God staring into our eyes while we are speaking, taking in every word we are saying. Though He is God of all Gods, ruling the entire universe, He never is too busy to have a personal conversation with one of His children.

Can you not picture the magnificent scene painted by the writer of Psalm 111? We are all standing, as a part of a huge assembly before Almighty God singing and praising His glorious and holy name. 

The writer of this psalm spends the next nine verses praising and extolling our great and glorious God. If you were to make a list of all of the benefits you have received from the hand of God, how long would your list be? What would be number 1 on your list? I challenge you to think on this all day today in preparation of our covering the rest of the Psalm.

You will probably not be surprised to hear that, after reading through Psalm 111, the words to this hymn came to my mind. It is one I used to sing as a solo in my college days. Rather than reproduce the words here, I am going to include a link so that you might hear the music (no words - just piano) while you read through the lyrics. What Shall I Give Thee Master

Let us, by the grace of God, spend some time this day praising God with our whole hearts, for apart from Christ, we have nothing. He is all we need in this life as well as the next.

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: