Friday, June 01, 2012

As Long as I Live!

 33I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
 34My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD.
 35Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the LORD, O my soul. Praise ye the LORD. 

As Long as I Live!

How long will you serve the Lord? How long will you sing praise to God? At first these questions seem to be redundant. We have given our hearts to God, our First Love, and, of course, we will serve Him forever. 

I would call that overconfidence!

I base my thoughts on the times in which we live, and on the state of God's church today. God's true church is spread out across this world in thousands and thousands of splintered congregations, and yet what affect do they really seem to be having on the ungodly of this age? I fear that too many have latched unto God, because who would not want to go to heaven, and then have shaken the dust off their feet and plunged forward to live this life with gusto and get all the money, honor, and glory they can.

Do you think I am being too hard on the church? I hope I am wrong, but I fear that, not only am I right, but we will all know one way or another shortly! Does anyone not realize that our world is on the brink of disaster? The economic state of this world is on the verge of total collapse. What then? 

Christians, who have been somewhat respected 50 years ago, then basically ignored 30 years ago, held in suspicion 10 years ago, are soon to be hated and feared. Slowly we see some very uncomfortable signs. Hate crimes, targeted against racial prejudice in the latter 1900's will soon be foisted upon true believers. Because we believe the Bible and hold to its laws and commandments, we will be considered unloving toward those the Bible addresses as immersed in sin.

I fear the time is quickly approaching when we will have to make a choice to serve God or to serve the passions of this world. When we look upon the world and see the "giants" will we, like the children of Israel cower back and say God is not powerful enough to protect me. He is too busy, or does not really love me, or will not come to my aid when I need Him the most. How much do you really love God?

Have you found the sweet meditation with the Lord spoken of by the psalmist in verse 34? Are you weary of the state of this world? Are you weary of evil being called good and good being called evil? Are you ready to say, "Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more."?

I pray that as you ponder these questions, you will rise up and say, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"--as long as I live!

God Bless You,
Linda

Just a note: I will be gone for a few days. I encourage you to go back through my archives. At this time I now have 1795 posts in my archives, some of which have appeared on my web site, but most of which have not! So, please take some time and look back -- this is one time that looking back may very well help you to look forward! 


No comments: