Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Who Will Stand?

 16Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?
 17Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.
 18When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up.
 19In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul. 

Who Will Stand?

Crying out over the centuries, the psalmist queries,
"Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?"
And, the psalmist is talking to you! God did not grant us salvation so that we can say, "Ho, hum," and be on our merry way. God has a work to do for every single believer. The clarion call has gone out and we must answer.

You may say, "I have no talents." Perhaps you will say, "Well, I would do something, but "Suzie Smart" and "Eloquent Emmett" would do a much better job." How does the psalmist respond to your resistance?

The psalmist replies,
'"Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence." When I said, "My foot slippeth;" thy mercy O LORD, held me up."'
The Lord only requires two things.
 37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
 38This is the first and great commandment.
 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. (Matthew 22:37-39, King James Version)
You may say, "Well that is to simplistic. It requires more than that."

The truth is, it does not! God, who has reached down from heaven and given to you the breath of life eternal, has already equipped you for the work He has ordained for you from before the beginning of time. You see, in our minds we worship a small God. "Oh, He is great for others, but not for me," we may say. But this great God who created the universe has no trouble equipping you for the specific task He has for you.

Pray that God would grant you a burning desire to know Him better and give you a love for the lost who are already in your life. Then pray that He will show you the paths to take. May you, too, say with the psalmist,
"In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul."
And, so I ask you again, "Who will stand?"

God Bless You,
Linda






No comments: