Saturday, April 07, 2012

Shadow of the Almighty

 1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
 2I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. 

Shadow of the Almighty

While still in my teens, I chose Psalm 91:1 as my life verse. Now, several decades later, I can see that I have chosen wisely. Many times in my life I have found peace and comfort while hiding under the shadow of the Almighty. He has never left me or forsaken me, but has always gathered His wings about me and carried me through the most difficult times of my life.

As it turns out, this Psalms devotion will be published the day before Easter Sunday. How appropriate to draw strength from our risen Lord and Savior, who spent His life pointing us to God, and then dying for us so that we may live our lives, both now and forever, in the secret place of the most High.

Those women who stole away to the tomb that Easter Sunday morning and discovered it empty, had yet to understand that this same Lord would be their refuge and fortress. Facing persecution from the religious leaders of their day, they would find perfect peace and refuge in God, often literally hiding under the shadow of the Almighty.

They, in the weeks and months that followed, would discover that this same Jesus was, indeed, the Son of God as well as the Son of Man. They would come to understand that it was necessary for Him to die that they might have life--eternal life with Him forever!

We, in the 21st century have the great advantage of having the Word of God at our disposal. As we read its pages from cover to cover we discover God's perfect plan, put in place even before Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Eden. God would visit this earth in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ, and would accomplish for us what no ordinary man could accomplish. He would restore the way back to God, which was broken by sin.

Yet, not all experience this salvation, though offered free and clear. Sadly, only a few, by the grace of God, leave the dark shadows of this world and enter into the safety of the shadow of the Almighty, there to find a refuge and fortress from the storms of eternal death.

So, this glad Easter morning, my prayer for you is that you would come to the Savior, accept His free gift of salvation, and live forever more under the shadow of the Almighty.

God Bless You,
Linda


No comments: