Sunday, April 01, 2012

Established Forever!

 30If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments;
 31If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;
 32Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.
 33Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.
 34My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
 35Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.
 36His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.
 37It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah. 

Established Forever!

God certainly know us; He knows that our deceptive hearts will be our downfall. He could have said, Since my children will forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments, and since they will break my statutes and not keep my commandments, I will visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. Did He not say, in Jeremiah?
 9The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? (Jeremiah 17:9, King James Version)
His promises, then, are all the more sweet.
My lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David. His seed shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun before me. It shall be established forever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven.
God made all of those promises knowing that no man could perfectly keep His law. What is even more amazing is the fact that, even before Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Eden, God had a plan in place for man's salvation.

Why, then, is it so hard for us to trust God? We have decade after decade, generation after generation, and even millennium after millennium, of proof of God's faithfulness to man. However, unless God reaches down and plucks us from the fiery brands, we will not turn to Him, and we will not be saved!

What is the real difference between the believer in Christ and the unbeliever? Nothing! There is nothing in us that made us more saveable than any others. The only difference is Christ!
 3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
 4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
 5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, (Ephesians 1:3-5, King James Version)
Our salvation through Christ was established forever even before time began! What an amazing God we serve. This is a God in whom we can trust, casting all of our cares upon Him.
Rejoice, rejoice, oh Christian,
Lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahs
To Jesus Christ the King.
The hope of all who seek Him,
The help of all who find,
None other is so loving,
So good and kind.


He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives:
He lives within my heart!
Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus!

God Bless You,
Linda




No comments: