Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Thy Faithfulness


 1I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.
 2For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.
 3I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,
 4Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah. 

Thy Faithfulness

Before bringing his complaints to God, the writer of Psalm 89 begins with this triumphant voice of praise,
I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.
Indeed, the psalmist takes us to the very courts of God's throne, as he lifts his voice in praise to God. For in God, faithfulness and mercy shall be built up forever.

In actuality, the writer of this psalm is reminding his readers of the covenant God has made with David and his descendants--a covenant which will last forever. As a matter of fact, that covenant still exists today in the 21st century. Does one need to be of the seed of David to be included in this covenant? Yes and no! This covenant is for those who are of the spiritual seed of David only, which applies to all who trust Christ as their Savior from their sins which separate them from God.

Man, who would have been kept out of heaven forever, due to his sin nature, has a way to God through Christ, who shed His own blood that He might save a people for himself. We, who have accepted that payment, are that people.

Psalm 89 is a triumphant psalm for the believer. In Christ, we, too, will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever, and make known His faithfulness to all generations. Think of it! God, who created the world and all of the heavenly hosts has made a covenant with us.

When we take a walk on this beautiful spring (or fall to my readers in the southern hemisphere) day, let us marvel at God's beautiful creation and remember that this same God has made a covenant with us. He who created such marvelous beauty, even to the tiniest detail, cares about His children.

This same God will surround us, care for us, keep us, and bring us safely into His arms for all eternity. It is more that we can possibly comprehend! Let us, then, join the psalmist in saying:
I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.
God Bless You,
Linda


No comments: