Saturday, March 24, 2012

God of My Salvation

 1O lord God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee:
 2Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry; 

God of My Salvation

It is time that we, as Christians in the 21st Century, begin to understand what Christians have known for centuries. To Whom are we praying? Are we praying to some deity who may or may not hear us? Are we praying to a deity who is unmoved by our pleas, or too busy, or too self-centered to even notice us? No! Deities who are self-centered and unmoved by our pleas are man-made deities, and as such, behave just like men. 

That, however, does not describe the God of my salvation! The God of my salvation has a love like no man has ever known; He was willing to sacrifice His Son for a people who are so completely unworthy. There is nothing in and of ourselves that would cause Him to look upon us and say, "That one is worth the life of my Son."

Why, then, did God send His Son to die for those who are so reproachful as us? Why did Christ bother to leave the glories of Heaven to come to a world that would hate, despise, reject, and crucify Him?

I do not know! But, oh how thankful I am! Because He did send His Son to die for me, I know that I can cry out to Him day and night. I know that when I pray to Him, He will incline His ear unto my cry. I know that He is the God of my salvation.

Living in a time when men follow selfish and vain pursuits, each trying to climb the ladder of success upon the backs of one another, what an oasis to be able to come to the fountain of the Lord Jesus Christ, taste of the everlasting water that He offers, and never thirst again. This, dear Christian, is the God we love and serve.

It is time that we, as Christians, get off the fast-track to frenzy that feeds our world, and live under the Shadow of the Almighty. We do not have to fall into the traps of Satan, but rather can move through the mainstream of life unmoved and untouched by the flames of passion and greed that surround us.

Jesus had a purpose to fulfill, and was not side-tracked from that purpose, just as we, too, have a God-given purpose to fulfill. Just as Jesus told the woman at the well, in John 4, our "meat" is to do the will of our Father in Heaven. Let us then be busy sowing and reaping the harvest for God our Father.

God Bless You,
Linda


No comments: