Friday, March 23, 2012

All My Springs are in Thee

 7As well the singers as the players on instruments shall be there: all my springs are in thee. 

All My Springs are in Thee

If you will remember, the subject of Psalm 87 is the city of Zion. As a postlude the psalmist concludes, "All my springs are in Thee." The idea the psalmist is conveying is that the city will be so filled with happiness and joy that continual singing will be heard in the city, especially in the temple. Finally, the great peace, joy, and happiness, that come from the Lord are realized as being the greatest joy known on earth. All other joys and pleasures found on earth will pale in comparison.

When you think of it, man will have finally come full circle. Adam and Eve enjoyed great peace and joy in their fellowship with God until the day sin entered the Garden. Never again would they experience such elation while on earth. Life, after such known blessings, must have been very difficult for Adam and Eve.

We, on the other hand, have not known the great joy and peace of being in constant fellowship with the Lord our God. We only have occasional glimpses of what life in heaven will be. We are such earthlings, filled with such a strong sin nature that we rarely ever overrule its destructive blasts upon our hearts and lives, except by the grace of God!

We do, however, in the 21st century understand the power of music, pouring forth millions of dollars into the entertainment industry. Imagine all that musical ability channeled into continuous praise for God, joined with the beautiful harmonies of the angels' voices. We will hear sounds gloriously praising God like we have never known or could know while on earth.

As a musician, I can hardly wait to participate in the great heavenly choruses. Indeed, all people will join voices with the angels; no one will be tone deaf! Music is certainly one of the greatest gifts God has given to man.

The phrase, "All my springs are in thee," is rather obscure. Spurgeon, his, Treasury of David, suggested the following:
The springs of my faith and all my graces; the springs of my life and all my pleasures; the springs of my activity and all its right doings; the springs of my hope, and all its heavenly anticipations, all lie in thee, my Lord.
Take some time today to ponder the joys that await us when we enter God's glorious land. As we enter the heavenly city of Jerusalem, I am sure we will all be singing, "All my springs are in Thee, Lord God Almighty."

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: