Wednesday, February 01, 2012

He Listened!

 1I cried unto God with my voice, even unto God with my voice; and he gave ear unto me.
 2In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord: my sore ran in the night, and ceased not: my soul refused to be comforted.
 3I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah. 

He Listened!

As we continue our series, "First Love," we come to another glorious psalm by Asaph. Just as Asaph pours out his troubled heart to God and comes back again and again to his first Love, so are we, over 2000 years later, reminded as well that God is faithful to us just as He has always been to His children from the beginning of time.

Asaph, living during a time of great civil unrest watched as the kings of Israel turned their backs on God, yet, as he cried out to God in despair, He listened!
I cried unto God with my voice, even unto God with my voice; and he gave ear unto me.
Asaph was, indeed, troubled--so troubled, in fact, that his very soul refused to be comforted. As he poured out his complaints to God, his spirit was overwhelmed.

We have been there, have we not? We do not have to be very old to understand exactly how Asaph felt. Even by our teen years, we can easily be overwhelmed by the difficulties of this turbulent life. Where is God in all of this? Often it seems as though we are stranded and alone, left to face the most difficult trials by ourselves.

Notice, however, that that is not really what we see from Asaph as we read Psalm 77. Before he even began to pour out his heart to God, he boldly proclaimed, "I cried out to God and He listened!" What a great example of hope and faith.

Though our world may quickly be trying to distance itself from God, God has not left the world, and He has certainly not left His children. Let us not treat God and prayer as though they are last resorts, saved for times when all hope seems to be lost. Instead, before we even begin to wade through our difficulties, let us turn to God, knowing that He is constantly by our side, listening to us and aiding us before we even know what to ask.

May this be our glorious testimony to the world. When troubles came upon me, I cried out to the Lord, and He listened!

Go to Christ now; He loves us, He saves us, and He keeps us no matter what trials of life come our way.

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: