Thursday, December 29, 2011

Our Hope

 1In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.
 2Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me.
 3Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.
 4Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man.
 5For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth.
 6By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of thee. 

Our Hope

As we near the end of another year, what a great psalm to read and ponder. Reflecting upon the past year, and looking forward to the next, we must agree, with the psalmist that God, alone, is our hope!

On an international level, 2011 has been a year of great uncertainties. Economies have tumbled, wars have raged on, nuclear threats have continued, and national leaders have fallen, with great uncertainties just on the horizon. How, as Christians, are we to view such calamities and uncertainties? Is God's arm shortened that He cannot intercede?

Like the psalmist, as Christians we can all assert,
By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of thee.
No matter what the international scene may reflect, God is still our hope, indeed our only hope. What appears as uncertainties to us are events and occurrences that are safely nestled in the plans of God. Though we are unable to see clearly, for we see as through a glass darkly, we can be assured that our God is the one and only God.

Through Him nations rise and fall, and through Him will all things come to pass just as He has ordained they will. We live in a time when God patiently waits for His children to come to Him, but when that last child has come home, He will return exactly at the moment He has preordained from before time began!

We cannot imagine such things for we are so earthly bound and filled with sin, which clouds our understanding. Yet, the day will come when we shall see Him as He is, our eyes will be opened, and we shall behold Him. Oh was a glorious day that will be.

Let us then take up the banner proclaimed by the psalmist over 3000 years ago,
For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth.
May God bless you for the remainder of this year and in the year to come, and may God, our Hope, be your hope as well!

God Bless You,
Linda


No comments: