Sunday, November 06, 2011

Heritage

 5For thou, O God, hast heard my vows: thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear thy name.
 6Thou wilt prolong the king's life: and his years as many generations.
 7He shall abide before God for ever: O prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him.
 8So will I sing praise unto thy name for ever, that I may daily perform my vows. 

Heritage

As believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, God has given us a heritage. Like David, we live before God forever, and are preserved by His mercy and truth. With such an heritage, how can we do anything but praise God's name forever?

However, David spoke of more in these verses that just the heritage he received from the Lord. David also spoke of his vows to God.

Being a Christian involves much more than just receiving the blessings that God has afforded to us. As Christians, we have duties and responsibilities to God, to Whom we have devoted our very lives. No longer are we to be consumed by the things of this world, but our focus--our vows--are to Christ, alone. To Him we have dedicated every ounce of our being; He is now the Master of our lives.

Yes, we should, indeed, sing praises to His name. Can you really imagine it? The God of the Universe, the One who spoke this world into existence, desires to have a personal relationship with every single one of His children. He is not content to just have our lip service; He demands our life, our soul, and our all!

No matter who we are, no matter how insignificant our life may be, the God of all Gods, the Lord of all Lords, and the King of all Kings, desires to have a personal and intimate relationship with each and every one of His children. Though we may not be able to physically see Him, yet that relationship is more real than any we can have with anyone on this earth.

The normal path for every single believer is one that brings us closer and closer to Him as we read and study His Word, and spend time in prayer and fellowship with Him. The closer we become to Him, the more we feel His presence and hear His voice as He speaks to us. Jesus described this relationship most beautifully in John 10.
 27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
 28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
 30I and my Father are one. (John 10:27-30, King James Version)
This, dear child of God, is our heritage, and no man is able to pluck us out of God's hand.

What an amazing God we serve!

God Bless You,
Linda


No comments: