Saturday, November 12, 2011

Better Than Life!

 3Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.
 4Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.
 5My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: 

Better Than Life!
As I read the words from Psalm 63 shown above, I thought about my own walk with the Lord. Is the lovingkindness of God better than life to me? Sometimes the best way to consider our blessings is to think of what life would be without them.

What would life be without God? I shudder to even think such a thing. Even so, how often do we, as Christians, live our lives as though God does not exist. We get up in the morning without a thought of the Lord, and then rush about through the duties of the day, frazzled and frustrated. Finally, at night we collapse into our beds and try to get some rest so we can get up and go through another merry-go-round day.

What was missing in that scenario? God! We live as though we walk through this valley all by ourselves, totally ignoring the One who is walking right there beside us. What comfort and joy do we miss because we do not acknowledge God, who is our strength and redeemer? Somehow we have gotten the idea that David's God was different than our God. The Bible tells us in Hebrews 13:8, that Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today, and forever.

Before we take another step, let us stop and take some time to meditate upon the goodness of God in our own lives. Let us think of specific ways in which God has worked and moved in our hearts and lives so that seemingly impossible tasks were removed or lightened by God's intervening grace. Last of all, let us think of the glorious eternity that awaits us; an eternity filled with the holiness and goodness of God.

Yes, God's loving kindness is better than life! Let us bless God while we live, until our souls are satisfied with the goodness of God. 

One last thought--the things we do today, and the decisions we make now will have a profound affect on future generations. David said, "Thus will I bless thee while I live." In truth, David is still blessing God through the words he wrote that are a part of our Bible, long after his life has ceased on this earth. 

Will future generations look back and bless and praise the name of God because we lived on this earth? It is something to think about, is it not?

God Bless You,
Linda



No comments: