Wednesday, October 12, 2011

God is for Me!

 9When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.
 10In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word.
 11In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me. 

God is for Me!

David had such amazing confidence in God. Look at his bold words,
When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this is know; for God is for me.
He did not say, "This I think." No, he said, "This I know."

How confident are we in our God? Can we say with David, "This I know; for God is for me."? David then goes on in the next two verses,
In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word. In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.
David again expresses the aspect of fear. He was a man who understood fear. Not just once, but several times in his life, beginning when he was still quite young, he was forced to flee from his enemies. This was not just idle talk; he came face to face with death. He spoke truthfully when he stated that he was not afraid of what man could do to him.

How important is God to us? Can we safely trust God with all aspects of our lives, or do we live in constant fear? Do we stay awake nights worrying over circumstances over which we have no control? 

Do you remember David's words from Psalm 4:8?
"I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety."
I must confess that the reason I have that verse memorized is that I struggle constantly with worry, so I find myself repeating those words over and over. It is not easy, is it? We become so involved with the every day issues of this life that we forget the Lord Jesus Christ, who, alone, is the only One who can intercede on our behalf. 

Let us take some time today and ponder the words of David, "This I know; for God is for me." By the grace of God may we walk in peace, confidence, and joy, knowing that God is, indeed, for us!
God Bless You,
Linda


No comments: