Thursday, October 06, 2011

Evening. Morning, and Noon

 16As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me.
 17Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.
 18He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me: for there were many with me.
 19God shall hear, and afflict them, even he that abideth of old. Selah. Because they have no changes, therefore they fear not God. 
(Psalm 55:16-19, King James Version)

Evening, Morning, and Noon

"As for me!" We should not underestimate the importance of these three words. David was overcome with grief over a close, personal friend who had deserted him, becoming one of his worst enemies. Where was God in all of this? Did David charge God foolishly? No! No matter what the circumstances, David never forgot his First Love. Look at the confidence God displayed in God.
As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me. Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me.
Our salvation is a personal salvation; each and every person must answer the, "As for me," clause. No matter what our friends and families do, we each will personally stand before God and give an account for the choices we made in this life. When God looks upon us, our friends and families will fade into nonexistence!

How did David maintain such a close relationship to the Lord? As a king, he certainly must have been a very busy man. David said, Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. Because David was so busy, and because David was the king, he understood that he did not dare neglect God. He needed God's help to live his life successfully and to maintain his peace with God.

How often do we spend time with the Lord? How important is it to us that we do not neglect our personal relationship with Christ? Are we too busy to take time to fellowship with Him and meditate upon His Word? In truth, the busier we are, the more important it is that we do not neglect our personal times of fellowship with the Lord.

David, we know, was not perfect; he fell into grievous sins which had dire consequences in his life. Yet, when facing those sins, we see him falling before God in true repentance. I am sure those sins remained a grief to him for the rest of his life on this earth.

We live in a perilous time, a time when God is scorned, and Christians are ridiculed. In many countries, Christians are persecuted for their stand for the Lord. As a matter of fact, it is very likely that that persecution will spread to more and more countries as God continues to be spurned by the people of this world. As Christians, what will we do when persecution comes to our door?

By God's grace, let us take the time now--evening, morning, and noon--to maintain a rich relationship with the Lord. We need not fear times of persecution, for our God will faithfully sustain us. Whether by life or death, we will find Him with His arms of love wrapped around us.

What an amazing God we serve!

God Bless You,
Linda


No comments: