Monday, October 24, 2011

But I!

 14And at evening let them return; and let them make a noise like a dog, and go round about the city.
 15Let them wander up and down for meat, and grudge if they be not satisfied.
 16But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.
 17Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy. 

But I

David was secure in his relationship with the Lord; though his enemies tormented him on all sides, his focus always came back to God.
But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of trouble. Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy.
We have the same choices to make in our day as David had. We are surrounded by the things of this world, but at some point we need to make a choice as to whether we will follow in the ways of the world or follow the Lord Jesus Christ.

How did David find the inner resources, day after day, to follow Christ, when he seemed to be surrounded by enemies on all sides? How do we find the inner resources to follow Christ when we seem to be surrounded by one catastrophe after another? When it seems as though we are the only one left who desires to faithfully follow the Lord, how can we bravely assert, "But I. But I will follow the Lord; but I will remain faithful to Him."

We are reminded by the Apostle Paul in Romans 5, that our strength is in Christ, alone, and not in ourselves.
For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
It has never been about our strength; even our salvation rests upon Christ and not on us! When we were without strength, Christ died for us, and when we are without strength, Christ gives us the power and resources to continue living faithfully for Him.

As God was David's inner resource and strength, so is God our strength today. When we come to the realization that we cannot live another moment in our own strength, we are exactly where God wants us to be! It is not our strength, but rather Christ's strength that gives us the power to face impossible odds and live faithfully for the Lord.

It is the Lord who gives us the ability to say, "But I will follow Christ." Go today, in the power of Christ and follow your First Love!
God Bless You,
Linda



No comments: