Friday, August 12, 2011

Send the Light

 1Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man.
 2For thou art the God of my strength: why dost thou cast me off? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
 3O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. 

Send the Light

"What have I done to deserve this?" Can't you hear the psalmist pleading with God? Again, the psalmist finds himself almost overcome by the ungodly nation whose deceitfulness and lack of justice are about to become his undoing.

It does seem that way at times, does it not? One hardly expects to actually receive justice in our courts of law unless one has the money to pay someone off--and, of course, that is not justice at all. It seems as though we live in a time when justice for the criminal overtakes all thought of justice for the victim. Fear of overstepping the rights of the criminal causes even more victimizing of the victim.

Such seems to be the thoughts of the Psalmist in Psalm 43. Look how he questions himself. If God is my strength, why am I mourning because of the oppression of my enemies? Why does it seem like even God has abandoned me?

It is not easy, knowing the God we serve, to understand why things happen as they do. Why do babies die, while the wicked seem to go on unharmed with seemingly no consequences for the evil things they do? How can a God of love allow such things? That really seems to be the root of the psalmists inquiries. How did the psalmist resolve this issue in his own heart?

I think we always feel like we have to be able to answer all of the difficult questions of life, when in actuality, we need to renew our trust and fellowship with God and leave the resolution of such questions to Him. A time will come when all of the answers will come, and we will understand God's righteous resolution. "Send the light," became the psalmist's cry.
O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.
When the darkness of life overtakes us, it is time to remember that God is our light; in Him is no darkness at all, neither shadow of turning!
 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. (James 1:17, King James Version)
God answered the psalmist's prayer, as He continues to answer our prayers. Let us look to God and, when the darkest hours come, pray that He will send the light, so that even when in the shadows of death, we will have a light to guide our path. 

God Bless You,
Linda




No comments: