Saturday, August 13, 2011

Hope in God

 4Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.
 5Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God. 

Hope in God

There is always hope! We have heard that saying over and over, but is it really true? After all, every road has an end. What do we do when we actually get to the end of the road? Where is hope, then?

The real secret lies in the object of our hope. How old are we when we begin to realize that our hope cannot rest in mere people? People have their limitations; no one can be there for us all of the time. As the psalmist pondered these thoughts, he qualified his hope.
Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.
And, that made all the difference! When the psalmist found himself at the altar of God, he realized that only there could he rest all of his hope and trust. The result was: exceeding joy!

When he pondered God, he asked himself the question,
Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me?
What was the obvious answer?
Hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
Could it really be that easy? Yes! However, in our humanity it is so difficult for us to trust in God, whom we cannot see, rather than man who stands right before us. As a Christian, that really is the challenge. It is so important that we work to develop a close relationship with the Lord our God.

In time, we begin to understand, that though we may not see God, yet He never leaves our side; we are able to be in continual conversation with Him. As we grow and mature in Christ we begin to sense His presence and His encouragement. We also begin to understand the joy expressed by the psalmist. God is our exceeding joy; how we delight to praise Him.

Take some time today and just talk with the Lord; then, listen! Hope in God, for He alone deserves our trust, our hope, our honor, and our praise!

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: