Thursday, August 11, 2011

God My Rock

 9I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
 10As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?
 11Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God. 

 God My Rock
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.
Remember that saying? It is really not true, is it? Words can hurt us! Broken bones will heal, but the damage done by words can fester for a lifetime. That is exactly what David is expressing in Psalm 42; the reproach of his enemies are like a sword in his bones.

I love the Psalms of David; when David's life seemed to be at his darkest hour, he reminded himself, yet again, that his hope needed to rest in God.
Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
Time and again, David experienced a renewing of his spirit when he centered his focus on God, rather than on the painful circumstances of his life. It almost seemed too simple!

As Christians, we need to revitalize the dying art of meditation upon God, His Word, and the wondrous works He continually does in our lives. We are too busy to take that hour, that 30 minutes, or even that 15 minutes, every day to pour our hearts out to the Lord and focus on the reality of this being God's world. God created this world, and though it may seem to us to be careening out of control, it is progressing steadily along the course God has set from the day it was created.

Did Satan destroy God's creation in the Garden of Eden? No! Even then, God already had a plan in place that would bruise Christ's heal, but destroy Satan's head! (Genesis 3:15) We must remember that, as Christians, the victory has already been won. It is time that we stop giving in to the temptations of this world and set our hearts and minds on "God my Rock!"

How much peace and joy do we forfeit when we allow the mindset of this world to captivate our hearts and tear us from that sweet fellowship with the Lord Jesus Christ? We are in possession of the Pearl of Great Price which no man (or Satan) can tear from our hands.
For I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
God Bless You,
Linda


No comments: