Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Deep Calls to Deep

 5Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.
 6O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.
 7Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.
 8Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life. 

Deep Calls to Deep

It is due to Psalms such as this that I decided to do an in-depth series from the Psalms entitled, "First Love." No one seems to understand better than David, the sweet Psalmist of Israel, the torrents of life that so quickly engulf us to the point that deep calls to deep, when the waves and billows of the waterfall of life have overcome us with their power and might.

What do we do? Where do we go for help? Certainly, upon reading of the life of David we know that he suffered many great times of anguish. Yes, we may say that he brought much of this upon himself due to his own sin, however that really is the point, is it not? Who of us is without sin?

Though God does not punish us for the sake of showing us who is really in control, or out of anger toward us. Rather, God uses the storms of this life for the opposite reason. God wants us to understand that nothing in this world is greater than Him, and no one in this world could ever begin to love us as much as He loves us! Not only does He love us beyond our understanding, but He is always with us.

 For he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. (Hebrews 13:5b, King James Version)
We can never hear those words often enough, can we? In our weakness and frailty it is good to be constantly reminded how deep God's love is for us, and how He constantly remains by our side even in the most difficult hour.
Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.
Day or night, God is constantly at our side, pouring His love upon us. He is the God of our life! 

When the difficult days come upon us, when deep calls to deep, let us remember to call upon our loving and faithful God. He will give us grace to go through the deep water and will carry us safely to the grassy bank, where He will flood us with His refreshing love and kindness. 

What an amazing God we serve!

God Bless You,
Linda



No comments: