Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Salvation

 17For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me.
 18For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.
 19But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied.
 20They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is.
 21Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me.
 22Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation. 

My Salvation
David is in desperate shape; he is ready to fall and his enemies, who are multiplying in number, are upon him. Can't you hear him crying out, "Where are you, God?"

How many times have we felt the same way? Sometimes, when it seems as though nothing can go right, even more bad things happen. What do we do then?

What did David do? David cried, Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation. Think of the significance of that. As king, David had multiple resources, huge armies, and great riches, yet he knew that the only means of help that really mattered was help from the Lord. Not only did he know this, but he was confident that God would answer his prayer.

Do we, as Christians, understand that the only true help we have in facing the difficulties of life is help from God? Is God the first One we think of when life is tumbling down upon us? Do we really believe that God will help? Could it be that God allows desperate times to come upon us so that we would learn this very lesson? 

In this self-help world in which we live, it is not easy for us to place our lives in the hands of God. We want to do something.  Yet, when times are at their worst, God says, Be still and know that I am God. As Christians, until we come to the point of truly understanding God's power in our own lives, we are pretty ineffective in our service for Him. 

Let us take some time today and ponder the goodness of the Lord, and renew our hope in Christ. Let us say with David, "God is my salvation!"

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: