Monday, July 18, 2011

The Lord Understands

 6I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long.
 7For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh.
 8I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart.
 9Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee.
 10My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me. 

 The Lord Understands

It was right for David, the Psalmist, to cry out, Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee. Though Christ had not yet come during the time of David, we have the rest of the story. We know that Christ not only came to this earth, but that He suffered more than we could ever know!

What an amazing God we serve. There is nothing in us that should cause God to desire us with our sinful natures, but God loved us anyway. He loved us so much that He sent His only Son, the Lord Jesus, who humbled Himself, took on the form of a man, and willingly gave His life for us! Yes, the Lord understands!

We cannot fathom such love. We do not understand such a love that is all about giving, with no thought of receiving. Not only is it true that the Lord understands, but the Lord opens His arms in love and fellowship to us. When, by His grace, we draw near to Him, we find an overflowing love that encompasses all of our being. 

Why do we spend so many of our days rushing after the things of this world, when right before us stands the Lord of Lord and King of Kings? Why do we worry and fret over the circumstances of this life, when our God who has broken the chains of sin's hold upon us stands ready to lift us up above the realms of this world?

This is the God we love and serve. Let us go forth today with joy in our hearts and a spring in our steps because we know that the Lord understands all our ways. He, alone, is the way, the truth, and the light!

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: