Monday, June 20, 2011

Thy Righteousness

 22This thou hast seen, O LORD: keep not silence: O Lord, be not far from me.
 23Stir up thyself, and awake to my judgment, even unto my cause, my God and my Lord.
 24Judge me, O LORD my God, according to thy righteousness; and let them not rejoice over me.
 25Let them not say in their hearts, Ah, so would we have it: let them not say, We have swallowed him up.
 26Let them be ashamed and brought to confusion together that rejoice at mine hurt: let them be clothed with shame and dishonour that magnify themselves against me.
 27Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
 28And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long. 

Thy Righteousness

Whatever happened to black and white? In a world swirling with every idea imaginable, black and white no longer seem to exist; everything has become gray. There is no right or wrong answer, as truth has been replaced with situational ethics. I'm OK; you're OK. What may be right for me may be wrong for you, and that's OK. But, is it really OK?

David understood that there is only one true righteousness, and that is God's righteousness! He said, Judge me, O LORD my God, according to thy righteousness.

As Christians, we must be careful that we do not get caught up in the world's web of deceit. God's righteousness is the way, the truth, and the light. There is no shadow of turning with God; white is white! 

When we hear the great ideas espoused by man, we must always look at them through the eyes of Scripture. David faced great opposition and false accusations by people of the world; his greatest enemies were often those of his own household. In the face of such opposition, he said, my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long.

By the grace of God, let us be found, daily, in God's Word, reading and studying the truths He has revealed to us in His Word. Let us equip ourselves with God's righteousness, so that we can discern the lies and deceitfulness of those who oppose God. 

We may be accused before this world of all manner of evil, but the only court that truly matters is the Court of Heaven: Judge me, O LORD my God, according to thy righteousness.

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: