Monday, May 23, 2011

You!

 3When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.
 4For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.
 5I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
 6For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.
 7Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

You!

In the first few verses of this Psalm, David is relating, from personal experience, his own entanglement with sin. Like us, his first thought was to hide his sin, or to just go on with life as though nothing had happened. It did not work for him, and it does not work for us as well. Instead of peace, he felt God's heavy hand upon him.

But, what happened next? Finally, in desperation, David acknowledged his sin unto God. It is important that we realize, no matter what our sin, and no matter who we sin against, all of our sins are ultimately against God, himself. How did God respond? God forgave the iniquity of his sin.

As Christians, how do we deal with the continual avalanche of sin that seems to so easily beset us? We certainly will not find help from anyone on this earth; our only true help comes from God. That is exactly what David expressed in verse 7 of Psalm 32.

 7 You are my hiding place;
         You shall preserve me from trouble; 
         You shall surround me with songs of deliverance.  Selah 

We have access to God, himself, through the Lord Jesus Christ. He is our hiding place, He preserves us from trouble, and He surrounds us with songs of deliverance. Could it be that we, as Christians, do not experience the true joy of Christ because we do not avail ourselves of God's help? Are we so busy trying to work through the difficulties of life on our own that we forget the most basic tenet of our faith, i.e. we cannot succeed without the Lord? 

Let us join David today and cry out to God, You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance.

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: