Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lift Me Up!

 1I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.
 2O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.
 3O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. 

Lift Me Up!

David never forgot his First Love; he never forgot the source of his success and victories.

I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me. 

That did not mean that David never suffered defeat, or that he never faced his imminent death time after time. But, He always sensed God's presence and ultimate victory.

It is easy, even as Christians, to become so immersed in the world in which we live, and in the everyday occurrences of life, to lose that sense of God's presence in our lives. How many times do the sufferings and trials of our lives seem to swallow us up so that we seem to have nowhere to turn for help. 

Yes, God has given us families, and often the dearest of friends, but there are times in life when even our families and friends do not seem to help us overcome the difficulties of life. That is where David found himself again and again, until he remembered the Lord! When he turned his face to God he could say, I will praise and honor you, Oh God, for you lift me up!

It is good for us to remember, that no person, place, or thing can give us peace, joy, or happiness. These are only found in the source of all peace, joy, and happiness, our Lord Jesus Christ. By the grace of God, let us turn our hearts and minds to Him today, and say,

"You, Oh God, are my life, my hope and my strength; you, oh God, lift me up!"

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: