Monday, May 02, 2011

Hope!

 1Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.
 2Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle. 

Hope!

Even in the middle of the greatest of times, it seems as though we are only a breath away from despair, for such is the world in which we live. One day's rejoicing in the Lord may lead to the next in which He seems to be silent to our cries for help. 

It is good to have the perspective of years; one can look back and see the faithful hand of God evident in every step we have taken. As we ponder God's help and goodness through the years, we have every reason to hope; we have every reason to believe that God will, again, hear our prayers and reach down and pick us up. 

But what of those who are still in the days of their youth with few years of experience to buoy them up? Where do they find their hope? That is one of the beauty of having the Word of God at our disposal. We can read of the experiences of God's people in the Old Testament and see His faithful hand guiding them through their struggles. We can be encouraged by the New Testament writers, many of whom had the privilege of walking with the Lord, and we have the beautiful testimonies of the psalmists who recount God's faithfulness again and again.

Let us then, like the psalmist, find our hope and trust to be resting in the arms of the Lord. When we cry unto God with our hands lifted to him, let us know and believe that our hope is not in vain. Truly the Lord hears and answers our prayers, for He is God and there is none other like Him.

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: