Saturday, April 30, 2011

Wait!

 11Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
 12Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
 13I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
 14Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. 

Wait!

Wait! Now that is, perhaps, one of the most difficult words in the English language to hear. Do you think it was any easier for David, King of Israel? When the armies were advancing against him, the last thing David wanted to do was wait.

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.

We may never be kings or queens, but that does not mean we are any more patient? The question to ask is: "Is it worth the wait?" Yes, it certainly was for David and should be for Christians today as well. Remember our hope to come: we, too, will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Sometimes, living in a world filled with hopelessness and death, that is hard to perceive.

David, in verse 14, certainly does not present a new idea, does he? The Lord had always been his only hope and comfort, and we know that today, at this very moment, he is living in that hope. Think about that! This world that so consumes our lives is but a passing shadow in the realm of eternity. 

With that in mind, what should be the main focus of our lives? What should be the main focus of this very day? As Christians, let us pray that God would grant us wisdom, patience, and hope, along with a fervent desire to walk in His ways, fulfilling the unique purpose He has determined for each of us.

Yes, wait! Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: