Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Unto Thee!

 1Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul.
 2O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.
 3Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause. 

Unto Thee!

It is not difficult, when one reads the Psalms of David, to understand the reason for his strength. Continually, David cried to God, Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul. From the innermost depths of his heart, David's love for God was steadfast and sure; he never forgot his First Love!

Sometimes, in reading the Psalms and the accounts of David's life in the Bible, we take his attitude for granted. Yet, think of the pressures in life he faced, practically from his youth. Look at the victories he won upon the battlefield. One would think he would have emerged as a self-reliant man who trusted in no one but himself. 

David, however, was not ashamed to profess the true secret of his success: God Almighty! The victories were not his to win--they were won by the hand of God. 

How do we face the battles in our own life? How do we face the ordinary, everyday circumstances of life? Do we really believe that we have the power in and of ourselves to live a successful, happy life before God? I trust, that in our heart of hearts, we will not be ashamed to acknowledge that we wait upon God for our strength and help.

Those who transgress without a cause truly are the only ones who are to be ashamed. Those who actually live and believe that they are the center of their own universe will not always believe so. The time will come when they will stand before God, himself, and understand that they have lived the life of a fool.

Today, before you even take another step, lift up your eyes to heaven and cry out to the Lord, Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul. 

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: