Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Stand Tall!

 6I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O LORD:
 7That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.
 8LORD, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.
 9Gather not my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men:
 10In whose hands is mischief, and their right hand is full of bribes.
 11But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me.
 12My foot standeth in an even place: in the congregations will I bless the LORD. 

Stand Tall!

We know that David was a great man of war, but to what did he attribute his success?

LORD, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.
My foot standeth in an even place: in the congregations will I bless the LORD.

His success was no accident; from a very young age, David set his heart upon serving the LORD. Becoming king did not change that. Whether he was running from his enemies or standing, victorious, with a crown upon his head, he was always quick to give all of the glory to God, alone.

How aware of God are we in our daily lives? Do we merely pay lip service to God, or do we stand tall, in an even place and bless the Lord? 

When I was just a teen, I had great plans as to how I would faithfully serve God all of the days of my life. My intentions were good, but I did not have a clue how difficult of a task I had set before me. Now, as I look back, what I see is God's faithfulness to me. My service to him was sporadic at best--sometimes living close to His Word, and other times being so consumed by life that I barely had time to call upon His name. I have had no trouble, in life, identifying with impetuous Peter; and I certainly have understood the agony that so often characterized David as recorded in the Psalms. 

In reality, it does not take long for us, as Christians to realize that all of the honor and praise goes to God, alone. It is He who saves us, it is He who keeps us, and it is He who will bring us safely home to heaven to live with Him forever!

By His grace alone, let us stand tall in an even place, and bless the Lord!
God Bless You,
Linda


No comments: