Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Show Me

 4Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.
 5Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day. 

Show Me

David had a right to say to God, "Show me your ways." You see, we do not worship a God of wood or stone who has eyes that do not see and ears that do not see. God is a living God who sees and hears the cries of His people, and responds on their behalf. What an amazing God we have! 

In a day when truth and deception seem to go hand in hand, it is not always easy to even discern the truth. How is one to determine the way to go when one is not even sure which way is the true way? The Bible tells us that in the last days many will come and will falsely proclaim to be sent from God. How are we to know if they are genuine or not? 

As David, we have every right to go to God and say, "Show me your ways; show me the truth." Not only do we have the right to ask God for help, but we can, with assurance, know that He will answer our cries for help. How does He do that? 

Keep in mind, that nothing comes into our lives by accident. David said, "Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." God leads us in the way we should go. He will reveal His truth and His will for our lives through His Word, through the daily circumstances of our lives, and through the words of others.

I fear that, all too often, we do not live as though we actually believe that. We tend to put God on a shelf, and only bring Him down when we are in panic mode. What would happen if we, by God's grace, changed that attitude toward Him? What if we actually began each day seeking God's will, believing that He would lead us through each moment of that day? 

"Show Me" is not just a motto for the state of Missouri! "Show Me" should be the motto of every single Christian.

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: