Sunday, April 03, 2011

My Strength

 12Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.
 13Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
 14Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. 

My Strength

No one has penned more beautifully the longing one senses in David's words from Psalm 19. It does not take long before we, as Christians, become disheartened and often discouraged over the depth of our own sins. Finding it impossible to control their dominance in our lives, it seems as though we are constantly going before the Lord seeking forgiveness.

Is there no hope for us? Oh yes, there is hope, but it is not to be found in ourselves. As a matter of fact, the frustration we often feel comes from trying to live faithfully for Christ by our own will power. Facing his own failures again and again, David understood that his only hope and strength was in God.

This day, as we aspire to live faithfully for the Lord, let us take the time to bow before God, who is our only strength and our only Redeemer, and seek His help to live above the foolishness of this world.

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

How different might our world be today if every Christian prayed this prayer from their heart, and purposed to live a life pleasing to God, laying aside all of the vain "treasures" this world has to offer?

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: