Sunday, April 24, 2011

I Wait on Thee

 16Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
 17The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
 18Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
 19Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
 20O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
 21Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
 22Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles. 

I Wait on Thee

Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles. David wrote this over 2000 years ago, and yet, it could appropriately appear in today's headlines! Eyes are continually focused on the Mid East as we follow the day to day turmoil that seems to be a part of the daily life for the people of Israel.

Do the same answers that David found to be true still apply today as well? Yes, they do. David gazed upon his enemies, who at times seemed to completely surround him, and said, O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee. Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.

Life, as we know, is certainly far from simple; neither is it at all predictable. We are tempted to think that that is just an anomaly of this age, until we remember the words of King Solomon:

 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us. 
(Ecclesiastes 1:9-10, King James Version)

It is good for us to stop and just ponder this. Are we living in a time when the principles taught in God's Word are no longer relevant? Of course not! God, the Author of Time, still prevails in spite of mans' attempt to sweep Him into insignificance.

As Christians, let us remember, when life seems to surround us with difficulties and complications, the words of King David, I wait on Thee. That is our calling! Let us, by the grace of God, refrain from being fair-weather Christians. God is God in the bad times as well as the good times, and we are not!

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: