Thursday, April 28, 2011

He Shall Hide Me

 4One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.
 5For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. 

He Shall Hide Me

It is no wonder that King Solomon, when given the choice of having anything he wanted, asked God for wisdom. Trained at his father's knee, he would have learned at an early age how much his father, David,  loved God. 

We all have those days when we are so incredibly weary of life that we long for a time of solitude with the Lord in His sanctuary. For nothing compares to the joy we experience when we spend time meditating upon the Lord, beholding his beauty and purity. The best this world has to offer is nothing compared to the beauty of His holiness. 

In Christ, there is no strife, no anger, no malice, and no fear. In His hands we are free of the terror that may exist on all sides, for on God's rock we are safe from all outside influences. In Him is light and truth; His perfect love casts out all fear.

For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. 

How can that be? What of the times when we are in physical danger? Where is God then? As Christians, it is important that we remember that all of our steps are ordered by the Lord. From our first step until our very last step, we walk in the way already planned by God. 

This world is not our true home; we are here for a time--sometimes for a very brief time. Nothing we experience here will compare to the glories that wait us when we meet Christ face to face.

May we, as Christians, find strength and comfort in Christ knowing that: he shall hide me in his pavilion.

What an amazing God we have!

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: