Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Who is God?

 31For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?
 32It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.
 33He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places.
 34He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
 35Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.
 36Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip. 

Who is God?

For who is God save the Lord? The answer: no one! There is no one like the Lord our God. Only God can arm us with strength, make our way perfect, make our feet like the feet of deer, set us upon high places, and arm us with every tool necessary to accomplish our intended purpose. Only God has freely given us the shield of His salvation, and holds us up by His right hand. Any true greatness we achieve in this life is done so at the hand of God. 

Why then, are we so quick to look to other places for our strength, our happiness, our joy, and our peace? There is no strength, happiness, joy, or peace found in any other name in all of the heavens above and the earth beneath.

We Christians, today, are a motley crew, often pushing and shoving harder than those of the world to achieve -- what? What are we trying to achieve in this life?

Let us awake from the sleep of apathy and indifference that Satan has so shrewdly set in our paths, and let us take up the banner of Christ. He is our God; it is Him we serve, and that is why we are here! By his grace, let us, with David, take up the cross God has given to us, and follow him! For who is God? 

Our God is God, and there is no other!

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: