Sunday, March 20, 2011

Upright Before Him

 20The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me.
 21For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God.
 22For all his judgments were before me, and I did not put away his statutes from me.
 23I was also upright before him, and I kept myself from mine iniquity.
 24Therefore hath the LORD recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight. 

Upright Before Him

Has there ever been a time of such diversity in the world? Has there ever been such a time of such diversity in the church? How then, is one to understand how to walk uprightly before God, when that "upright" walk is described in so many different ways?

In the decade of my twenties, I did a lot of moving. What an eye opener! Growing up in a small, conservative town had sheltered me from the wide diversity of life beyond the portals of my little world. 

My greatest surprise was in the diversity among the churches; oh, I knew there were tons of churches claiming the name of Christ, but I am talking about the diversity among just the denomination of which I was a part. What would be considered a great sin in one locale, would be quite acceptable in another. 

How is one to know what really pleases God? That really is the issue, you know! It does not matter how pleasing we are to men; it only matters how we stand before our holy and righteous God.

David understood!

For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God.
For all his judgments were before me, and I did not put away his statutes from me.

How did David know he was living uprightly? Surely, no matter what he did, some people would approve and some would find fault. David understood that the only one he needed to please was God, Himself.

I was also upright before him.

In this day of wide diversity even among the church of God, I challenge you, from this day forward, to turn your face to God, and walk in a manner that is upright before him! That is the secret of the Christian life. It is not for us to worry about pleasing the fickle world in which we live, but, let us bow before our holy and righteous God and seek to please Him.

Let us bow before our God in humility, meditate upon His righteousness, call upon His infinite love, and cast ourselves before Him. 

God, in His infinite love and mercy, reaches down to his needy children, sets them upon a high plain, and leads them in the way they are to go! 

By His grace and mercy alone, let us walk in a manner that is upright before Him!

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: