Friday, March 11, 2011

He Delighted in Me

16 He sent from above, he took me,he drew me out of many waters.
17 He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me.
18 They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay.
19 He brought me forth also into a large place; He delivered me, because he delighted in me.

Psalm 18:16-19, King James Version


He delighted in Me


Have you ever asked, "Why? Why does God take care of me? Why does He put up with my tendency to hop from one escapade to another?"

I have a little dog named Chico. Some may ask why I would put up with a dog in my house, much less spend money for toys to entertain him. After all, he barks at my friends when they come to visit, sometimes he wets on my carpets, and he shreds Kleenex or other "delights" he finds in the garbage.

The answer is easy for me; he delights me. No one else demonstrates the excitement that he does when I walk in the door, and no one else follows me about from room to room simply because he cannot stand to be separated from me.

God delights in us! How amazing is that? The Lord God of Hosts, the Creator of the universe delights in us! He desires nothing but the best for us, His children, lavishing us with spiritual graces to enable us to successfully live in this corrupt world, while preparing mansions in heaven for us where we will live with Him forever. Yes, in Christ, there is a "happily ever after!"

In our passage today from Psalm 18, David expressed this confidence as God again rescued him from his enemies, saying, "He delighted in me."

Go today in the confidence of God. Do you struggle with self esteem? Struggle no more; God looks down from heaven and delights in you!

Oh, how I love Jesus,
Because He first loved me!

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: