Monday, February 28, 2011

He Heard My Voice!

 4The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid.
 5The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me.
 6In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears. 

He Heard My Voice!

As you read verses 4 and 5 of Psalm 18, do you think David is being a little melodramatic? As we view life around us, do we feel the sorrows of death surrounding us; are we overcome with fear of ungodly men?

Perhaps I should phrase the question in this way, what do we see when we stop and look at the big picture of what is happening in our world today? We see wars, uprisings, revolutions, earthquakes, floods, fires, hurricanes, murders, fatal accidents--must I go on? I have heard many people say, I do not read the news anymore as it is just filled with negativism. That may work for awhile, but what happens when your neighborhood is affected? What happens when you are today's headlines?

How did David respond when he was overcome with the sorrows of death and the sorrows of hell? 

In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God.

What? You mean He did not rail against God for being so unfair? He did not foolishly charge Him, saying, "You could have prevented this. Why did you allow it to happen?"

David knew God! He had no doubt about His standing before God. He knew that before God, he was filled with sin and unworthy to even bow before Him, and yet He knew that God, in His love, would hear him!

He heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

Dear Christian, do you know God? Can you cry with David, "He heard my voice!"? 

It is time that we believers awake from our slumber--awake from our apathy, and live the Christian life that God has sent us to live. Let us get our heads out of the sand, and pray that God would release us from the cruel bonds and temptations of this world. 

The life that we are called to live is so far above the emptiness in which we live. We are children of God; we have been drafted and called up into the service of the King. 

He heard my voice--and I am free from the slavery of this world!

God Bless You,
Linda



No comments: