Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fullness of Joy

 9Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
 10For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
 11Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. 

Fullness of Joy

What is the worse thing that you can imagine? What a list we could make! Losing a loved one, losing a child, having a child disappear--these would certainly be on my list of worse things to imagine. But, that is not all, the list continues--losing my spouse, losing my health, experiencing a tsunami, being in a category 5 hurricane--our world is filled with disasters, wars, sickness, evil, etc. 

In all of these things, there is one that is even worse. The worse thing that could ever happen would be to be rejected by God and have our soul cast into hell for all eternity. Oh, we do not like to think about that. The world has chosen to ignore it by making fun of the devil -- just look at all the cute caricatures of him! How often do you hear people boast - I want to go to hell; that's where all my friends will be.

Do you think they will be your friends then? Will you even notice them? I recently read a book titled, 23 Minutes in Hell; I highly recommend it. As Christians, we need to seriously consider the realities of hell, that are so easily glossed over by this world. 

As Christians, we know that no one need be sent to hell. God, in His great love has provided the death of His only Son to redeem us from the curse of sin, and give us eternal life with Him for evermore.

Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Not only are we not left in hell, but His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ will never see corruption. In this world we see sin, death, and corruption, but in Christ is found the fullness of joy. In this life, we are given just a little glimpse into that joy through our relationship to Christ, but in heaven, our life will be complete encompassed by the peace and joy of God our Father, and in the Lord Jesus Christ. 

Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Our world is chasing after pleasure, and yet are missing the greatest pleasures to come that will last for evermore! 

Only in Christ is there fullness of joy that will last for all eternity!

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: