Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bless the Lord

 7I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.
 8I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

Bless the Lord

Bless the Lord
Oh, my soul
And all that is within me
Bless His Holy name!

What a glorious Psalm of praise to God our Father. Who is there like God? He has given us wise counsel, so that even in the darkest hours--in the night seasons--our hearts instruct us. The New King James Version for Psalm 16:7 states,

 7 I will bless the LORD who has given me counsel;
         My heart also instructs me in the night seasons.

Beauty is only skin deep, but the blessings of the Lord totally encompass our being. In the deep recesses of our hearts, Christ's blessings stir us and keep us in the depths of our souls, even when there is nothing on the outside but ugliness and despair.

Oh the vicious curves that this life can throw at us, but as Christians, we are anchored in the blessings of Christ. Whatever this world storms upon us is only a reminder of the great joy, love, and comfort in Christ and in the eternity we have to spend with Him.

In our own selves we are weak and can easily be overcome, but in the blessing of Christ, who is continually at our right hand, we will not be moved.

Enjoy today; let us sing praises to God our Father, for He saves us, He keeps us, and He will receive us into His arms for all eternity. May that put a spring in our steps and a song in our hearts.

Bless the Lord!

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: