Saturday, January 29, 2011

Voice of the Wicked

 1In the LORD put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?
 2For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart.
 3If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do? 

Voice of the Wicked

I am convinced that we Christians today do not recognize the voice of the wicked. We take lightly the onslaughts of Satan and his army, and are consequently often swept away by his whims.

David, however, as he penned Psalm 11, obviously understood the wiles of the Devil. Satan taunted him with the words, Flee as a bird to your mountain? For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart. If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

He is telling David, "Run; run to the mountain for safety. What can the righteous do if the wicked are ready with their arrows, and there is no safe place for them?"

When we have great doubts, do we ever attribute it to the works of Satan, or do we think we are so insignificant in the eyes of the Devil that he will not bother with us? If Satan has not successfully kept us from coming to the Lord, then we will be his target for the rest of our lives. His goal is to ruin our testimony, or to fill us with so many lies that we are too discouraged to do anything for the Lord.

In the past few months, you may have noticed that my writing has been somewhat sporadic. I would sit down to write a devotional, and I just could not do it. Finally, a few weeks ago I began to suspect that Satan was doing his best, and succeeding, to keep me from writing each day.

About two weeks ago I received an incredibly encouraging letter from a Christian in Nigeria. In my answer to him I shared the difficulty I was having and asked if he would pray for me. Not only am I able to write daily devotions again, I can hardly wait to write them.

I encourage you with two reminders. First of all, God is stronger than the wicked; when the voice of the wicked speaks to us, we must go to God in prayer. Secondly, do not be afraid to ask others to pray for you. God does answer prayer.

God is blessing my ministry in ways I could not imagine, but that is not because it is me. I am no one special, but just an ordinary person. God blesses this ministry because it is His. He gives me the words to write, because he knows what you need to hear. 

Like David, let us no longer be empowered by the voice of the wicked. Please pray for me, as I pray for you with every devotional I write.

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: