Monday, January 10, 2011

Deliver Me!

 1O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me:
 2Lest he tear my soul like a lion, rending it in pieces, while there is none to deliver.
 3O LORD my God, If I have done this; if there be iniquity in my hands;
 4If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me; (yea, I have delivered him that without cause is mine enemy:)
 5Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take it; yea, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust. Selah. 

Deliver Me!

The chips are down! Everything is going against me. I have done nothing wrong, and yet my enemy continues to seek my life. Is there none to deliver me?

Few of us have experienced what David did when Saul continued to seek his life. Yet, all of us have had times when it seems as though everyone and everything is against us. Though we cannot understand any reason to deserve it, the whole world seems to be against us. "Is there nowhere to turn? Is there anyone to deliver me?" we may ask. 

As David falls before the Lord he states, "If I have done something to deserve this, then, yes, let the enemy take my life!"

It is important for us, as Christians, to remember that we live in a fallen world. Even though, by God's grace, we are living a life pleasing to Him, it does not mean that we will not suffer. Sometimes we get the idea that God is sending punishment our way for deeds we have done. It may be that He is; but it also may be true that God is using the circumstances to test our faith in Him. 

Are we only fair-weather friends to God? It is easy to trust God when everything is going right, but it is entirely different when nothing is going right. As we read of David's life, and see the persecution he faced, let us remember that David was a man after God's own heart. He always returned to His First Love.

May God grant us the same spirit; may He give us the grace to look above our circumstances, no matter how bad they may be, and see Jesus!

What an amazing God we have; He will never leave us nor forsake us!

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: