Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Peace

 8I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. 

 Peace

 This is perhaps, my most quoted verse of the Bible; I especially like its wording in the King James Version. 

How often are we kept awake by the worries of this life? Maybe we bounced a check, or there is no money to make the house or the rent payment. Maybe our children seem to be following in the ways of the world, leaving behind the values we so carefully instilled within them. Maybe a family member has just received word of a terminal illness. These, and many more worries can easily keep us awake at night.

But, look what David experienced; his was not just a matter of the worries of this life. He spent many years of his life running from an enemy who wanted nothing more than to David's death. Even in our day, throughout the world there are many who are in constant fear for their life, through persecution, or even natural disasters.

Even so, David testified to us: I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep. Why? For thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

Our peace, or lack of it, does not rest upon the things of this life. God grants to His children a peace that passes all understanding.

Go today, and rest in the Lord who is the only one who can truly grant us life, safety, and peace.

God Bless You,

Linda

No comments: