Thursday, December 16, 2010

As for Me

 7But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.
 8Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face. 

 As for Me

 There is no doubt about it! As we read verses 7 and 8 from Psalm 5, shown above, David knew that there was no righteousness in himself. All of his help and strength were found in the Lord. How, then, did he come before God? 

But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple. 

How do we come before God? Do we come in humility and Godly fear, worshiping our God who is pure righteousness and holiness? Or, do we come with expectations--maybe even demands--that God would grant us our desires and petitions before Him?
In the end, each person must answer these questions for themselves. It does not matter how our pastors, our friends, our spouses, our families, etc. answer them. 

As for me, how do I come before God?

What a wonderful example of David. In pondering these same questions he said, 

Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.

David understood that our lives must be lived in the righteousness of God. The answers lie in God, and not in the things of this world. Only in Christ will we live lives of peace, joy, and contentment.

Let us, today, join David and plea with the Lord to lead us in His righteousness, and to make His way straight before us.

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: