Monday, November 15, 2010

My King

 5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
 6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
 7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. 

My King
 
The heathen rage and foolishly set themselves against the Lord, bringing His wrath and displeasure upon themselves. Can you imagine a worse situation? We may have many enemies, but the one enemy we cannot afford to have is God!

As Christians, where are we? Who is our king? Are we so busy trying to keep up with the world that we not only do not care about the lost, but we really do not even care about our own relationship with the Lord? God offers everything to us, and provides it through His only Son, Jesus. Do we dare flaunt it in God's face?

There is no mistaking the real message of Psalm 2. This is a Messianic Psalm: a Psalm which points directly to Christ.

Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Let us not take this message lightly. May we all say with the Psalmist, "You are my King!" Then, by God's grace, let us ponder what that really means, and focus on our true reason for being here.

When we look around and see the lost, let us remember that, there, but for the grace of God, go I! Let us be busy about the Lord's business in whatever capacity He gives to us.

I once was lost, but now am found.
Was blind, but now I see.

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: